- Will Tyson: My great grandfather who was born in Maryport North Western England, came to the Victorian goldfields in 1864. Had ... read story
- Windarling Peak: Windarling Peak is not the mine (iron ore) site. The Peak is approximately 10ks south of an un-named range ... read story
- The Brown Family: I think that this Brown family are my ancestors. Some of them were from Ipswich, Qld, Clifton,... read story
- Plum Pudding Rocks: This location is named on many 4WDrive maps in the area East of Mt Skene. The Rocks are located ... read story
- Three Rivers Railway: In the 1920's gold was discovered in the Three Rivers locality. Railway construction was commenced to the locality from ... read story
- Swanpool & District History: The area was originally inhabited by the Wurundjeri people, as part of a tract of land in North East ... read story
- Stoodley Planatation Forest Walk: If you want to find this place, first go to Railton and get instructions from there. It's just ... read story
- Vista Gold VGZ pumping polluted water into the Edith River: The Mount Todd gold mine is an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Australian Authorities are on high alert as ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
Will Tyson (3 May 2013)
contributed by Pants
(contact Pants about this story)
My great grandfather who was born in Maryport North Western England, came to the Victorian goldfields in 1864.
Had 11 children.
Wife died at age of 42.
He left Victoria and brought all the kids to the Western Australian gold fields after her death.
With three young sons they began prospecting at Black Flag in 1894.
He died after a very hard life in 1901 aged 61.
All seven sons played Aussie football for the Railways team in Kalgoorlie at the one time.
They often would jog from Black Flag to Kal... play a full game then jog back to Black flag after the game...tough men in those days!
Charlie was recruted to Victoria and became captain coach of Collingwood.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Black Flag'.