Page 1 of 1 pages
(2 pictures)
Picture relating to Pittsworth - titled 'St. Andrew's Church during construction, Pittsworth, 1913'
Picture relating to Pittsworth - titled 'St. Andrew's Church of England during construction, Pittsworth, 1913'

St. Andrew's Church during construction, Pittsworth, 1913

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1913
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Erected to replace the original timber church, which was built in 1889. Construction of St. Andrew's church was commenced in 1912 and the foundation stone was laid by Archbishop St. Claire Donaldson on 3 November. The church was consecrated on 7 October 1913. The old church was converted to a parish hall, but was wrecked by a cyclone on 6 December 1952. (Description supplied with photograph)

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: