Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Cleveland - titled 'Sunday school class in the old Cleveland Court House, ca. 1871'

Sort the collection:

Narrow the collection:

Collection currently narrowed to the year 1871.
Click here to show pictures for all years

- click on a year

- click on a type of place

Sunday school class in the old Cleveland Court House, ca. 1871

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1871
(contact QldPics about this picture)


For six years, before the opening of St Paul's Sunday School, local children assembled for Sunday instruction in this cottage, which was erected in 1854 for his timber workers by Francis Bigge, a Cleveland identity and sawmill proprietor. It stood on the corner of Shore street. The building also was used as Cleveland's first police station and a court-house. At far right in the top row is teacher Mrs Sherrin.